Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Pursuit of A Godly Relationship Part 2


In my previous post, we spoke about how both me and Kelvin got to open up our hearts to each other.

In this post, it is very much on how we finally got together. I have a very close buddy in Moscow. Her name is Charis Lian. In fact, she was the first person who introduced me to Kelvin. We have been discussing how everything has been divinely planned. How Charis got to know him and connect with him when he came to Moscow for visit. How he brought a book from Shirley that changes her life and challenged her to stay on in Moscow to make a difference, and how everything intertwin, that he got to know of Shirley Boon through her best buddy Yunn Min when Charis introduced the value of discipler to Yunn Min and then Yunn Min told Kelvin about Shirley. And how Angeline got to know about Shirley through them, join her CG, and also asked Kelvin to join...and tadaa....that's how we are all connected.

So, Charis Lian, being my very amazing sister, went and interrogate Kelvin when she found out about him wanting to pursue me. Asked him a series of important and test questions, which apparently, he passed with flying colors. HAHA.

So Charis was asking me one day, how would I want things to be when Kelvin asked me to be his girlfriend. So I shared with her. And behind me, she went to ask Kelvin how would he plan the day he proposed to me to be his girlfriend to be like....and he shared with her. So Charis came back telling me...Hazel, Kelvin knows your heart so well....you will be surprised. Prepared to be blown away.....so I tercengang cengang. Wondering what she meant.

And then...the day finally came. It was Easter Sunday. He just finished his 40 days....and I was at the final few days of mine....he was suppose to bring me out for a pre-couple date. Haha....but on that day, something happened...someone needed to go to the hospital, and both of us rushed that person to emergency. So we stayed on in the hospital (you know government hospital) for a few hours...and there goes our date....He was prepared to postpone it after we send the person home....but as he tried his luck by asking if I would still want to continue going out.....I said OK....but was wondering if the restaurant is still open...its midnight you know?

And then, I found out. He cooked :) Packed them all up ready for a picnic. Guess where are we going...Dataran Merdeka! HAHA...So we ate at Dataran Merdeka....with company of many many many cats prying on our food....These cats are really pretty I kid you not. Like really pretty. amazing thing is.....

So after meal, when we walk to the Tunku Abdul Rahman monument, he then asked me if I would like to walk this journey of life with him (because asking me to be his girlfriend is too mainstream and cliche he said :P).....Guess what....he did exactly everything that I hoped he would have done. I have never mentioned anything to him...But he did just the exact same thing.

I told Charis Lian the few things I hoped to have would be:
1. No need flowers or soft toys....but something significant and meaningful
2. Enter the relationship by praising and worshipping God
3. To meet our spirtual parents for a prayer of blessing.

So he brought me to Dataran Merdeka, as a significant landmark of both of our callings to our nation. That we will still pursue the calling and help each other in it even in the relationship. To strengthen, not dampen the call. He bought me a necklace with 3 crystals...signifying both of us and Jesus in the middle...and the white color crystal as our promise to fight for our purity till marriage. He even brought a guitar...he said the first thing we wanna do as couple is to worship God together. He planned that.  But...of course it didn't happen because it was already very late...and there were a bunch of homeless people sleeping there who might have stonned us with the noise. Hahaha. So we started the relationship with a prayer.  God's presence was really strong...and I am grateful we brought Jesus with us from the first day itself.




And indeed, he knew my heart. First thing I hope to do was to meet dash. He made an appointment but it was too late.  So the meeting got postponed till I came back from hometown. 

When all that happened, I immediately messaged Charis Lian and asked her if she had hinted Kelvin in any way....and she said....NO.....she even wrote me a note to tell me I have found a man who really knew my heart should I said "yes" to being his girlfriend. OK....So she didn't say anything...and after some few minutes of doubting her....I finally have to admit....This man, really knows my heart la. hahahaha

Well things, have been smooth still. No arguments...YET. What to expect. first month only kan? Hahaha. But my peace and happiness is that God has been in the picture the whole time since the beginning....and my comfort is that, as long as we both cling on closely and tightly to Jesus putting Him above everything else, we will grow to become more in love, and more of a helper to one another rather than a destroyer. I am just so glad Jesus is in the middle.

But having said that, with so much of miraculous signs and etc, this does not apply to everyone. God knew this would be an assurance for me, the person with little faith and skeptic...hahaa...so He did all these for me....and God being in the picture since beginning, doesn't mean we do not have to work hard at keeping this relationship alive, well, aligned and right before God. Starting off well, is not the key to a successful relationship....but progressing well and ending it well (will only end when we both die...hopefully!) is more crucial than the start to it.

Kelvin definitely helps me in many areas of my weaknesses. And I am grateful for that....I just pray that we will grow closer to God and grow to be more like Jesus as we learn to love one another. I really want Jesus to be in the middle of it all....till the day we see Him face to face....

Do pray for us :) ....that as we pursue our callings in life, and as we grow in our relationship, and our studies and our families, and ministries...we will learn to juggle, find balance...and most crucially put Jesus in the centre, always and forever....

Well, that's all. To my blog readers...I hope this blessed you and encouraged you to put God in the middle of every single details of your life....because He cares even to the little details. And these blog posts is not to portray myself as a love expert. Because in all honesty...I am a noob at it. Definitely not my experties...hahahha.... but this is crucial for me.....as a reminder that in every step in the walk of life, when things are difficult, or when I become forgetful, I will look back and remember and cherish this.

You can remind me too :)

We are still in a journey. Will share more when I have more discoveries and revelations.
So Cheers ~