Thursday, September 12, 2013

Be her VOICE...

We got to rise up, open our eyes up
Be her voice, be her freedom....come on, STAND UP...

"Why do you want to advocate for human trafficking?" ...someone asked me recently.
"What makes you particularly drawn to this?"
- Being a voice to the voiceless....a hope to the hopeless....the KEY to freedom

"He is no fool to give what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose" ~ Jim Elliot

Far too long human trafficking has been embedded in the darkest corner of our nation. And what's shocking, this crime is ON THE RISE. Just when we thought the battle was won when Abraham Lincoln successfully abolish slavery, we were wrong....finding ourselves surrounded by the selfish trade of men....all for the sake of money and self-fulfilling pleasures at the expense of another human being. Modern slavery.

Corruption has caused so many children, girls cross borders making Malaysia one of the biggest transition point for human trafficking. I am in this very country....I could have chose to walk away telling myself....there is nothing much I can do......OR I can choose to make a difference One step at a time....

First by being the VOICE..
Many countries in Asia are dominated by poverty. Due to lack of system, corruption, and the desperation for basic needs to be met....this crime had been made very easy in this part of the world.

The fate of the poor and less fortunate becomes worst....they became a victim....a commodity....for those who are brimming with greed. What would you do if this is not just a number, but a friend, a relative, a sibling, a child, a daughter? Someone close to you?

Many has deemed this dream impossible, idealistic...."there is only so many you can help"....someone once said to me...."how could you possibly make a difference?"
ONE Person. ONE HUMAN BEING at ONE time.

It is not about convenience, not popularity, not the thrill of being part of a noble cause....but it is because finally, I found something worth fighting for. A cause that will restore humanity to its original purpose.
Something worth living for....something worth DYING for :)
We have only ONE life to live...what would you live for?

The world often talk about human equality. Now that we see the cruelty of this world....Would we fight for equality for our fellow brothers and sisters? Abolishing modern slavery?

In my near future, I am pursuing my Masters in Clinical Psychology (hopefully pass the interview), in hope with these skills I am able to help these victims to stand up on their own two feet (if they are rescued) and to learn to trust the world which had been truly brutal to them. I am grateful to have a couple who had truly inspired me to be true to my call, be BOLD to stand up for what I believe in. David Oh and Shirley Boon ..the couple who had supported me in my quest of searching and stepping out into my destiny. Today, I am burning, wanting to make a difference for these victims. I may not know how to go about this yet, but this is my FIRST step.

We can all do something. You don't need any special skills. You can be that difference by first, creating AWARENESS on this hideous crime globally. Why is this so important? Because this very crime, could be happening right now...at your very next door.

Human trafficking is more than just an ordinary crime. It is demeaning the value of human by putting a price to every girl and child trafficked....telling the rest that they are less than human. Human trafficking act is as good as murder. The murdering of human values, human dignity, human dreams, and most importantly...HUMAN RIGHTS.

27 million slaves in this 21st century. A shocking number. Yet only 1% is rescued. Today you know this truth. What are you going to about it? 27 million....Together we can make a difference.

Let's create an awareness. YOU can be the VOICE