Thursday, October 6, 2011

Live Like There's Nothing to Lose

The news just declared today, that Steve Jobs passed away...
The man who made APPLE famous in the world, and change the world's view on technology advancement...

These are his words that gave me an impact today:
Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose...

Living like there's nothing to lose...

Recently in my life, there has been a lot of experiences that brought me to a cross road.  - to stay safe, or to risk it all.

Those who knows me well, know that I am a terrible worrier, afraid to take risk, calculative of my gains, and fearful of the unknown. These two months, God had really pushed and taught me what it means to STEP OUT and live like there's nothing lose.

I am proud to say...even though I am not perfect, and compare to many others I am totally far out of line. But I have given my best, and I have risk it all the best I know how. I have begun to understand what it means to conquer my fears, rather than letting them conquer me.

I invested, loved, given, embraced, cared less about persecutions, embarassment, being accepted.
Toward my family especially, my friends, my leaders, my members, my career...

Even though the return is one that is unexpected, not enough or negative. I am no longer bounded by the fear of those results.

Now, in preparation to step out beyond the familiar circle....to the strangers on the streets, the needy, the hurt. Gotta really prepare my heart for that. I am ONE step closer.

Live like there's nothing to lose. You will never know if you ever lived to see the sunrise tomorrow :)

Signing off. With love.