Friday, October 14, 2011

What Faith Can Do

Everybody falls sometimes,
Gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes, to make a new beginning .... :)


For the past one year, so many things had happened. Today as I was doing my devotion, I realized how far I have come this one year. Further than all my christian years added together.

I treat my family different, I approach my leaders, my members, my situation, my workplace...everything becomes different. My worldview, my perspective changes. And I began to realize, I can let go bit by bit, what I WANT what I NEED in life....and began to let others have what they need, what they want first. Not always successful of course. But something just changes in my heart. Supernaturally beyond words.

In my Christian walk, it is never an easy one. I am not talking about the persecution or the taunting, but the battle within self that is the toughest. The habits, the stubbornness, the ego, the certain thing you always feel you shouldn't give in....in this walk, you have to give it all away. For a good cause of course.

But each time, a situation challenges us to do something more, something of the unfamiliar, something of discomfort to our natural habits, we are scared to death, we squirm, we whimp....but then, the moment a step is taken, everything becomes easy, everything is taken care of.

All these while, the "aftermath" I often expect after I took a step of faith, is never as bad as I have always imagined. Every single time, things are taken care of. How can I then deny, that my God will not take care of me? Surely enough each step I take, He was there with me...

Today, after this one year of moulding God has done to prepare me for the next phase of my life...I have learned to give, to love, to forgive, to step back, to submit, to honor, to let go, to be less legalistic, more gracious, more loving, more balanced...more excellent.

In this chapter, I have many ups, many downs, many regrets, many lessons, many blessings, many heartaches and pain... much more accomplished from here, I have gained many insights, revelations, and much courage to be bold, to live like there's nothing lose. Still a lot to improve of course, but I am getting there.

It is in this chapter, that I experienced true brokenness, where the situation forces you to either be broken and give it all to God, trusting Him and living for Him alone...not for your self.....OR, I choose to let go of God, let go of all these crazy stuff I need to deal with and go through, and just live for my self.

It is in this chapter of my life, I have learned, that I am totally far....far off....very very far, from perfection. And precisely because of this, I cannot live without God. I wouldn't have the stamina, strength, and courage without Him. I am grateful that I went through all I need to go through. I couldn't thank God enough for seeing me fit for the test. I want to keep going....but this time, hand in hand....with my Daddy in heaven :)

You...you who are reading this...

Don't you give up now...
The sun will soon be shining :)




Even when you fall sometimes, You gotta find that strength to rise...
Just keep believing. You can never imagine, what FAITH can do =)

Love always.