Friday, September 30, 2011

简单就好

It kinda hit me recently.


I love the simplicity of life...When I was younger, things used to be really simple.

In the world I once knew :

- I used to lie down in an open field, watching the night sky naming stars

- I used to tell the world how I admire living in a country side house with white picket fences

- I used to get all excited over rainbows after a rain and take pictures of them

- I used to sneak out to make phone calls in the middle of the night and get all happy just because I get to talk to my best friends

- I used to sit in an open car park chatting with my best friends and it feels amazing

- I used to hike up an empty hill and shout my discontent

- I used to “head bang” to some Linkin’ Park songs randomly with my friends and laugh about how silly we all looked

- I used to hug every single person like there’s no tomorrow

- I used to say “I love you” to all my friends because I treasure them very much

- I used to talk about anything under the sun, and it made my day so long as I was with the people I care about

All these are simple, but it made me really happy.

Some things I have lost as I grew up, being drowned with the busyness of life, work, being overwhelmed by the changes, trying to adapt, to cope, to grow, to excel....

Some things don’t seem to be all that significant anymore as I grew up.

In the era of science advancement, proofs and reasons are needed for every occurrence.

In the era where businesses are blooming, every connection, conversation, incident needs to be beneficial.

Even though some things do pass with maturity, but some things should be preserved. I miss the simplicity of life where I enjoy the simplest pleasure just by being with the people I am close with.

These few weeks I have been going back to the basics, and I kinda enjoy the simplicity of it all. Simple is good.

I love this new saying I learned from a friend. It is in Chinese: 简单就好

Sometimes, simplicity is all that we need to be happy.