Sunday, July 25, 2010

Starting A Love Revolution

On my way home, the long journey back from Taiping, I manage to catch some reading on the "Love Revolution" written by Joyce Meyer (most of the journey I was half asleep :P)...I read on how love revolution should come about, and boy...Joyce Meyer is amazing.




She mentioned that there was once she asked God, how can He see the hurts and pains in the world and do nothing? And then God answered her: That is why He need His people as a vessel to do something in this fallen world. Often we talk about how fallen today's world is, how bad things are this and that....but rarely, any of us actually take any action to do something about it. We all agree that the world needs help, needs love....but none of us actually step out and be the one in the field,doing the helping, the loving. All we could do was just throw words like "somebody should do something!"....somebody who? somebody but not me....!



Reading that book....ONLY the first chapter, I really felt tears welling in my eyes. I read the short articles she posted up about sex trafficking, sex slavery, children who know nothing but their bodies being abused, malnutrition, street kids....Who is there to put a stop to this? Who is there to tell them there's hope, there are more to life? Often we are so caught up with preaching the gospel of love, when the one thing they need is really....just an act of love! We fail to do that....we go around these people, giving them tracts about the gospel....But we did not go into their lives, step into their world, get our hands dirty...and let them know there are still others who care about their lives....who love them. Are we then, a salt that make a difference in this world? Or a salt that loses it taste? or a lamp under the shades....not shining?
After reading that, with deep compassion in my heart....I told God in my very own simple prayer....

Dear God,
- I want to help children in sex slavery
- I want to help children without homes
- I want to do something about malnutrition problem
- I want to help defiant and rebellious people
- I wanna give them a sense of hope, destiny, purpose and dreams, a greater vision to live for
- I want them to know they worth far greater than what the society has define them and
- I hope to make a difference in the lives of the children who has no power to change their circumstances


In fact, I have prayed this prayer before. But that's it! Nothing more. A wishful thinking...So, I told Melvyn about it as he was driving along the rainy highway. Thus, after reaching KL, and catching a movie (The Sorceror's Apprentice....BOY, its a MUST WATCH! ...very good)....Melvyn decided to take me for a little tour in KL....He said this: Bee, I will bring you to the world that needs Christ very much.


He drove me around Chow Kit Road. And the common people should know what to expect there. Many broken people without homes, prostitutes, lusting men.....people who probably lose recognition of their own identities...I don't know. According to Melvyn, what I saw tonight was very very minimal. Usually there were more around. The sight of it was devastating. Not that they were ugly, or there was anything obscene. They were just merely standing by the streets. But it breaks my heart to see them having have to do that. To not know the true meaning to life! There are so many ways to earn....do they know that? Or are they bounded to syndicates...what is exactly going on?




Is there anyone to help them? Is there anyone to stop this? Is there anyone to love them, letting them know how much they worth...and that there are more things to do! Is there anything to be done! I really wish I know what I can do. I hope I can make a difference...Compassion is not enough. Something needs to be done. Someone needs to let them know they are loved....not for the services they can give....but for WHO THEY REALLY ARE! Someone needs to let them know, there is no need to give and yet they can freely receive love without condition....This is LOVE REVOLUTION.




I want to start a LOVE REVOLUTION. So badly. It is easy...well, I won't say totally easy...but it is definitely easier to show love to those who comes to cell group, fellowship with us....those who are within the circles of our reach. People who are at least more similar, or rather do not divert that far from our values. It is easier to be in touch with those (even though may have very messy past or lives) who are naturally more in par with where we come from. But what about those who are really really different? Those who have been devalued all their lives? Those who are totally not within our reach? The poor, the needy, the abused, those out in the brutal streets? Those who need to fight for survival eversince they were little kids? Those without a chance for proper education, or even a home? What about those whom these words "I understand" is not applicable because we truly cannot begin to understand or imagine the ordeals and pains they need to go through? How do you revive trust, and love for those whose love and hope has been shattered to pieces, thrown down the drain, trampled over and over and over and over again?




What can we do? What can I do. I have compassion. But what can I actually DO? Where do I start? How do I go about it? What can I provide? Is there an actual, trustable, truly loving resource that is able to give hope (not false hope), security and love to them?
Really...Lately God has given me so much ideas, so many things to do. I have begin to think of new ways to expand in career....Now, I am being challenged to be more radical in loving the people God loves. Fuh, maybe should tell God to give a pause for me to cope all first. Else, everything become NATO. No action, Talk Only. haha.

Seriously, my qustion is, where do I start? Can I find a proper, genuine foundation to be involved with on this? Hmm....this is really something to think about.

Let's start a Love Revolution, shall we?



(Wow...Imagine, reading the 1st chapter spark so much thoughts! Can't wait to finish the whole book...must be totally life-changing)

My two cents.

Night, world. God loves you. I love you too.