Thursday, January 21, 2010

Doing it Right!

I learned a really really valuable lesson today. Last night, as I was challenging my member to do the right thing, the morning, I was faced with the dilemma of doing what is right but could possibly jeopardize the trust of another person, or keep the trust, and just ignore doing the right thing. Then I repeatedly questioned myself, if I was in the position of advising a member, what would I have asked him or her to do?

Then immediately, I decided, I wanted to do the right thing. Regardless of the consequences, I just want to live up to my words, and also because I truly truly want one thing only. That my focus would be God. Doing His will, doing what pleases Him. Not the world. Not an easy decision, as I would honestly admit that the moment it was done, there were so many things running through my mind. Negative consequences, and what possibly would happen.

Then, I suddenly was reminded by my member, telling me that he could not bear the thought of his future. And it struck me like a rebuke. Immediately I texted a best friend, and I prayed. God spoke one thing to me: "Hazel, it is no longer about whether people would understand or not, it is about doing the right thing. Your focus is Me, and nothing else." Right then, I just felt peace, I moved on and I was happy. Liberated that I have done the right thing, and I no longer want to allow whatever thoughts to make me worry about something that has not even happen. Or rather, worry about things that should not even affect me. I just find peace that I have done the right thing. And that's it. No burdens!

I was very happy with my new found peace. Few hours later, I received a call from a person, and find that everything was totally awesome. My suspicion of negative reactions of consequences were way pass behind. God made it all happen for good. The person was blessed, I was blessed. I felt so much better that I was not just a kisser, but I did what was necessary for a good cause. Then, minutes later, I received a call from my member. He told me he did the right thing, and it turned out well too.

That moment, I felt the presence of God overwhelming me. It was an assuring feeling that doing the right thing can never go wrong. That I have lived up to what I preached. That He always have my back. Even though if it is a risk, even though others may not understand...But when you choose to act beyond your emotions, beyond your imagination, beyond your perception of how the consequences would be, beyond what you can comprehend....(JUST DO IT RIGHT)....and when your focus is right, it all turned out just so amazingly well.

Truly, I emphasize, it is not always comfortable, easy or popular to do the right thing. But when you choose to do it despite of the risk you are putting yourself into, you will never regret it. Because you rest in the fact, that you have done what is necessary, and you have done the will of God. No burdens....=)

God is so amazing. I love life, and I love learning so much about all these. I may make mistakes at times, but I m really enjoying this journey so much. I can't wait to see what He has in store for me in times to come. And most of all, I want to fall in love with Him...again and again.