Monday, December 28, 2009

Nostalgia

I remember, when I was studying for my final exam, I was thinking to myself. This is probably going to be last time I am holding these books reading. I probably wouldn't have the chance to rush for thesis, assignments, and study for exams. I suddenly felt as though I was about to grow up, and I felt nostalgic about things. No more college life, no more being childish and people would understand. Time to grow up.

Now, coming to the end of 2009. Things are becoming more and more real. No more fooling around Hazel. Time to step into the marketplace, time to work, time to grab all the opportunities at hand and make a difference. The time is now.

As I reflect upon 2009, and all the goodness and favor I have experienced, I am so grateful and thankful for all that have happened. 2009 have been an amazing year. I still remember I have label for each year. 2007 was the year of breakthrough for me because for the first time in life, I have experienced breakthroughs after breakthroughs like never before in my life. Then breakthroughs become very common, I experience it almost every season. 2008 was the year that I felt most expanded. Many expansion going on.

And finally 2009, 2009 was yet the most amazing years of my life. I had more expansions, more breakthroughs, and most importantly, in 2009 was the first time ever I felt so so unspeakably grateful that I am alive at such a time like these. Going through what I went through. Good and bad. Feeling up, feeling down.....struggling through to be a better me...yet, I felt most closest to Him. Looking back at 2009, true there are things that I have planned and I achieved, there are goals which I did not get to achieve....But, I savor every moment of it, because 2009 have been the year that I LEARNT so so so so so much about life that I felt so grateful going through so much be it the good or the bad.

So I shall label 2009 as the year that I finally see things through God's eyes. Learning to appreciate so so much each and every season as well as experiences I went through. I have honestly never felt as appreciative as I have right now. First time in life I felt so favored and so grateful that I wished 2009 needn't have to come to an end. Words really cannot express. Nonetheless, as nostalgic as we may be, we all still need to grow up! haha...

I know 2010 is going to be a year of transition for me in many areas. And I know it is not going to be easy. But ever since I steped into City Harvest, each year has been better and better. I know the best is yet to come. 2010 is going to be yet another year filled with wonders and amazement. I can't wait. Planning out goals and visions, wanting to RUN my life vision even more, DISCOVER more of my destiny, be STRONGER in circumstances, and CLOSER to my First Love.

I am ready for 2010. Are you? =)