Monday, September 10, 2012

More of God

Something I learned recently. People Ministry....is really not easy.

The moment I told God I want to focus on People Ministry, many people began approaching me with struggles in life. It is a privilege to be honest. Felt trusted. With that, I must be careful with each and every person.

I have taken years to learn how to not be emotionally affected by pastoral issues. Sometimes angered sometimes sad, sometimes heartbreak. I still feel them, but I do not let them bog me down and affect my whole day. I will just give my best to counsel. If it works, hallelujah. If not, I move on and stop feeling disappointed that people do not meet expectations.

But recently I realize, even so, people ministry is very different. People ministry is a heart ministry. We need to use a lot of our heart....which sums up to our ear, our time, and emotional energy. Energy used to work do not drain as fast as energy used to care and love. LOL. Simply because, results are reflected immediately after a work is done. In people ministry, processes are necessary and the result may take years to form. Patience and love are two very necessary elements.

Doesn't mean I am giving up, but it is at this season, I realize....I need more of God. No wonder we need to love others with the love of God (just as how Christ loved us), because our love alone is really not enough. The more we do for God, the closer we need to be with Him. Otherwise, we will be drained of energy, strength and love. Then we eventually give up.

Keep going by all means. But never leave God out of the picture in every single step. The more you do, the more time you need to spend with God :)