Friday, August 24, 2012

Walking Through Life

Recently I realized things has become very different with me. I am not sure if it is an "age" related thing. Haha. But I hope not.

Recently having many counselling cases, many people who are broken coming over seeking for help, comfort, advises etc....

Stories that were in closet not suppose to be told. But I take it as a privilege that I am entrusted with such stories. However, it all dawn upon me, the old me is no longer that dominant. And I am glad.

I used to be really judgmental, I used to want to say stuff like "I Knew it"....or "how could you hurt God like that"....or "why do you do that?"..."this is so unacceptable"....whenever I hear stories of people messing up their future, destiny that is ever so bright. At some point, I even feel cheated whenever people whom I invested my time and energy did not meet my expectation, worst probably lied to me.

Recently, I realize....I am no God. I have times in life that would need people to be gracious toward me too. So how would I expect others to respond if I were the one suffering, in need of grace today? How I hope the response to be, that is how I should be. Noticeable to myself, my recent responses became "are you alright"..."God still loves you"...."its ok lets walk this journey together. Let's stand up and walk again"...."we are a family, you can always come back to us"..."keep going, stay strong"

I used to hear comments of people who "judge" a leader for being "too" merciful for giving second chances so many time. But these days, I begin to understand why and how these mercies can exist and how they are so important. That is how true family would react. Yes their hearts are broken, but they will give you second chances again and again because they hold on to he hope that you may really repent and change. They do not put you in a shelf just because you aren't perfect.

Of course having said that, discipline has to come into place. A good parent is one who will love yet discipline. Those who do not receive chastisement from God is illegitimate! I guess this principle applies to earthly parents too (be it spiritual or biological). But never once this discipline should be done with a "haha serve you right" attitude...or "Good on you. This is a lesson you will never forget". But more of a...."this breaks my heart but I need to do this. I love you that's why I can't bear to see you fall again"

None of us are perfect. All of us need grace. Never take this grace for granted. More importantly, with the grace freely given to you, give it to other as well.

Sometimes, the result is not most important. But the process. That is what I learned from my leader recently. Seeing how she plan to be PART of the process of each person who approaches her for any needs at all. She is never concerned about the result. She is concerned about the "walking through" journey.

As long as I can, as much as I can, with Jesus close to my heart, I will give my best to walk the journey through with others too. Genuinely wanting to be in their lives, not just hoping for a certain result. :)...Not to say it is gonna be super easy, but ok...I will take the challenge and try.

Life can be made beautiful again for the broken.....It only takes ONE who would be in the process, getting their hands dirty. Not waiting at the other end only with hopes that the person will do well and hoping they will come through. Walk through life together. It can be so much more sweeter that way :)