Sunday, June 19, 2011

The memorable 17 June

 I still remember the times when I really prepared for this retreat. We started preparing two to three months back, wanting to go melaka, wanting to getaway from the busy KL to refresh ourselves before we prepare for a new season.

And I remember the countless late nights, preparing and cooking a sermon that I hope God would use to change the lives of many. We were all excited and eager to receive from God. Expectant. For something to happen. 

That morning, my housemate came to warn me to be careful on the highway. Immediately I felt a strange feeling, and I quickly messaged all the drivers and interns to pray before we start our journey. So we prayed. I fasted that day, in preparation for God to use me. I was really excited. And then we started our journey...we managed to wave through the jam and finally got into the highway. Two cars were convoy-ing behind one another. The other two went separately because they knew the way.

In the midst, I saw a car seeming to be stepping on its brake. So I took it as a signal to slow down, and slew down, only to realize, it was a total stop. Trying to avoid, I couldn't and afraid the jam brake would throw my passengers off the window, I tried to not to jam brake (of course by now you would know how foolish I am because CITY has ABS system. Haahaha). 

Nonetheless, I crash on the car in front of us, and the car behind came crashing following after. Concern for my members, I went down, checking on the car behind. members were in pain. I was really concerned, not to mention panicked. First person I called - Shirley Boon. There when I was talking to her, a tow truck guy came and talk to me.....we moved our car to the side of the road, and then the first vehicle I have crashed on, left. We suspected a trap that has caused the accident. But my members were in pain. So couldn't be bothered. Lesson learned. FIRST THING, write down the number plate....

Anyway, immediately I requested for PLUS people to fetch them for a checkup. They told me ambulance was on the way! GOSH @@ Frustration at why they do not have any urgency. Anyway, I called my brother after that, and he called my dad. So Dad settled with the tow truck guy. Tow truck guy: insisted to drag the car to the workshop. Dad said: NO! ...so finally, it was towed to the nearest police station which is 15 minutes away. Guess how much is it? 300!!! the cost for NOT letting them tow your car to the workshop. Sheeessh....sucha blood sucker aye :P

All these aside...!

Through this incident, I have so many things  to thank God for. Let me do it one-by-one:
  • Thank God I slowed down, and crashed - my passengers weren't wearing any seat belts
  • Thank God I was the second car. CITY was built in such a way that it will crumple upon hit, but it will absorb and minimize impact
  • Thank God the car behind us, ALL PASSENGERS were wearing seat belts.
  • Thank God while we were waiting by the road side, another car of our members passby, we exchange passengers and went ahead to the hospital quicker.
  • Thank God Shirley Boon calmed me down and talk to the tow truck guy
  • Thank God I called my first brother, thereafter calm my dad before talking to him. 
  • Thank God my dad came, saw the car and decided it is more important I am saved. 
  • Thank God nobody was hurt after checkup
  • Thank God we have FOUR angels who rushed down to our aid as a moral support, and car support: Shirley Boon, Anthony, Jeffrey Choong, Eng Kim
  • Thank God the retreat didn't cancel.
At that moment, when my dad said he is coming down to get me and to get me home....my whole head was spinning despite of all the errands t o be run, I was thinking....HOW NOW? Can the retreat continue? As I decided that it should continue, and asked my intern to preach instead (since I got to go back), Shirley Boon called and said, she would come to comfort and minister to them. This is a great lesson of sacrifice to me. To me, she didn't just TELL me what to do. She came to HELP when all else is impossible. She made things possible. She stood in the gap. I was so blessed by her action! So so blessed.

We lodge police reports, and finally, she went on with the rest to retreat. I went home with my dad. The emotion then was of guilt, and of many other things. We were so expectant of God to move, and then now, everyone got traumatized in the trip that we are suppose to be refreshed by God. Everyone was affected emotionally and psychologically. Some members had issues with their parents. I was devastated. But God was really really good. God sent many others to comfort me. Assuring me, the best had been done. And it still happened. And the fact that there is such a resistant for the retreat, all the more it should continue. Shirley said, she will help minister to all who were traumatized.

I was relief. Now knowing for sure that they are all in good hands. Went home with still trauma and fear. But it was really a memorable time at home. Everything turned out for good!
  • Dad didn't scold
  • mom didn't scold
  • dad offered to buy a better car : volks wagon
  • Had a good time of chit chatting with brother's wife
  • Retreat was amazing : report from members -- the presence of God was really really strong.
  • All had fun, all was ministered
  • Turned out to be the most memorable retreat ever.
God turned a bad situation into a good one. One that has caused all our members to be closer to one another. One that has taught me so much about sacrificing for the sake of members. So much about mercy, so much about grace. As a family E45, E30, we went through everything together. I remember receiving sms-es from members, them wanting to come and visit me the moment they knew I arrive at KL, all these brought us closer together. God is amazing.

God was there every moment and every step of it. And I am glad today, I could find the strength, and the joy, and the reasons to thank God for. Without Him, where would WE be today. Without Him...all things wouldn't have turned out for good. 

Thank you, dad...mom...brothers....for really caring and showing me love time I needed it the most.
Thank you, Shirley, Eng Kim, Anthony, Jeff....for coming to our rescue. Things wouldn't have been so smooth without you guys standing in.
Thank you, E30 & E45 for staying strong, firm, loving and united throughout all these. You are the gems of my heart. thank you for being a family.



I could not thank God enough. Last but  not least....Thank God for everything!

This year many big events and big decisions happened in my life. FUH!! It must be all for a reason. I am anticipating the coming days. I know the best is yet to come.....

This will be one of the greatest testimony I have so far, for many days to come. my life, my family, everything was preserved and strengthened. I am really blessed. more hopeful for the future than ever!!!!!

New day...new dawn! :)